Reports To: Manager, Business Development
Location: Boise, Idaho
The Business Development Representative will support all aspects of the company’s sales activities. BDRs help build qualified sales opportunities for our Direct and Partner Sales teams. This role will be to prospect and develop additional sales leads for our Sales Executives through, but not limited to, outbound cold-calling efforts (BDR), email campaigns, and/or inbound lead qualification.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Meet a monthly quota of Sales Accepted Opportunities (SAOs)
- Qualify inbound leads and prospects via phone and email, identifying key decision makers, business pain points, the size of the opportunity, budget, and purchase timeframes.
- Generate SAOs also by proactively cold-calling into target companies
- Identify new companies and prospects through primary and secondary research
- Partner with their assigned Sales Executive(s) and help nurture early stage opportunities
- Utilize Salesforce to record activities, route leads, and coordinate SAO management process
- Demonstrates technical selling skills and product knowledge in all areas that allows the Sales Executive to give effective presentations to potential clients and partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field strongly preferred.
- 1-2 years of inside sales, or sales experience preferred
- Additional experience in marketing, sales, business development, lead generation, and lead management is a plus
- Must be able to quickly articulate business benefits and functionality of software solutions
- Must be able to handle objections and ask probing questions that surface business needs and sales opportunities
- Must be able to quickly and effectively collect information on a company and navigate to the correct person
- Must be driven to reach personal and team assigned goals
- Excellent communication skills required: articulate, concise, and persuasive
- Positive, upbeat and determined personality
- Must be team player and open to ongoing training to continuously improve skills
- Excellent and demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of personal computers and Window applications.
- Ability to multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Professional appearance and the ability to exhibit a professional demeanor over the phone, through email, and in person, as required.
- Must possess exceptional problem solving, analytical, and research skills.
- Able to make independent choices and recommendations without immediate direction or supervision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job performed at a desk in front of a computer.
- Requires heavy use of keyboard and mouse.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Casual work environment