Reports To: Director, Communications and Content
Location: Boise, ID
The Kount Content Strategist will have 2-3 years of experience writing long- and short-form content for web and other digital spaces for a technology company, preferably in the financial or software-as-a-service (SaaS) industry but not required. This individual will write original and targeted marketing content that spans a spectrum of vehicles including Kount’s website, blog, emails, social media platforms, etc.
The ideal candidate will fit within a digital content niche and explore key insights into what captures the attention of a B2B audience. Beyond strong editorial skills and the ability to take a creative approach to effective marketing collateral, the individual will have an adaptable brand voice that simplifies complex topics in a professional and educational tone. In addition to managing deadlines, the new addition to the marketing team will work cross-functionally with graphic designers, marketing ops, SEO specialists, sales personnel, product marketers, and web developers to create excellent content.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of developing strong marketing web and lead-generating content for complex products and customer problems. Kount is looking for candidates who can take initiative and practice independent and critical thinking.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering engaging content that intrigues prospects and customers across verticals
- Strategically implementing new content initiatives, including developing metrics and success criteria
- Partnering with marketing stakeholders to create materials for digital ads, emails, web copy, blogs, webinars, tradeshow collateral, and more
- Supporting content marketing initiatives to generate interest in Kount’s products and services
- Researching and translating complex topics into compelling narratives that solve problems and generate results
- Developing relationships with multiple teams in sales, product marketing, customer success, and more
- Communicating with internal resources and agencies to enhance Kount’s industry presence
- Collaborating with team members to edit and revise content to meet Kount’s voice, tone, and style guidelines/li>
- Managing multiple content initiatives and deadlines
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, English literature, journalism, communications, or related field
- A minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience in a content creation role with particular expertise in web writing and demand generation initiatives
- Familiar with the AP Stylebook and a basic understanding of SEO best practices
- Experience with WordPress or similar content management systems preferred
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, communication, and critical thinking skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools and Google suite
Job conditions / work environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job performed at a desk in front of a computer.
- Requires heavy use of keyboard and mouse.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Casual work environment.