Reports To: Director, Communications and Content
Location: Boise, Idaho
As a key member of the Kount marketing team, the Creative & Branding Specialist is responsible for all-things design to support Kount’s marketing efforts. This challenging and exciting position will work closely with Marketing team and external agencies to create, support and maintain Kount brand, graphical look, feel and messaging for corporate, promotional and channel marketing. The ideal candidate will bring fresh, contemporary, cutting-edge design to support to the marketing team and the internal clients they serve.
From creating websites, email templates, landing pages, banner ads, videos, to designing sales brochures, direct mail pieces, and tradeshow booths, this person should have a broad range of experience in creative development, management and execution. The qualified candidate must have 7-10 years of hands-on creative development experience, in the areas of brand development and guidelines, illustration, marketing/promotional campaign development, and leading creative teams or external agencies, preferably in the financial software-as-a-service (SaaS) industry.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be the go-to-person on the marketing team for all-things design
- Design & develop graphic elements for web, print and multimedia formats including web pages, banner ads, email campaigns, sales collateral, landing pages, videos, trade show booths, presentations and company brochures
- Provide ongoing design updates and suggestions to Kount.com’s website
- Make regular updates to templates, designs, content and other customer-facing marketing collateral as needed to keep content and design current
- Work within current tools such as Salesforce and Hubspot to manage and track collateral needs
- Work with external vendors to develop creative materials to support marketing campaigns and other collateral and activities
- Partner with team members to ensure consistent look and feel of marketing and communication materials across the company
- Be Kount’s “brand advocate”
- Coordinate closely with creative writers and marketing managers to create world-class marketing campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, graphic design, communications or a related subject
- 7-10+ years experience in creative design, direction and management
- Innovative, cutting-edge, progressive graphic designer who can partner with marketing team members and outside agencies to create effective marketing campaigns with a successful return on investment
- Knowledge of principles of design, including layout, typography, color, balance, composition and current design trends. Be able to demonstrate design skills through delivery of online portfolio of work
- Experience with online marketing and A/B testing of creative assets
- Strong ability to create marketing concepts that carry through landing pages, web banners, email campaigns and print ads while maintaining brand standards
- Ability to work with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks, PowerPoint After Effects experience a plus
- Experience developing video concepts, direction and final edits
- UI/UX experience a plus
- Ability to function as a contributing team member and interact positively and openly with peers
- Energy, excitement and good personality are very important
- Strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities while maintaining deadlines
- Must have excellent computer skills including using Microsoft Office applications
- Must be organized and able to work independently and with others
- Must be able to work on deadline-driven projects to meet demanding schedules
- Must be willing to work proactively in a fast-paced, team-oriented culture
- Excellent team management, communication and collaborative skills
- Some travel may be required
Job conditions / work environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job performed at a desk in front of a computer.
- Requires heavy use of keyboard and mouse.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Casual work environment.