Reports To: Sr. Director, Growth Marketing (Interim Executive Marketing Lead)
Location: Boise, Idaho
As a key member of the Kount marketing team, the Director of Product Marketing (Director) is responsible for creating differentiated positioning, messaging, and value propositions that set Kount’s fraud management system apart and above the competition. The Director is responsible for scaling the product marketing strategy and go-to-market execution for Kount’s products, including positioning, messaging, and promotion. Kount is now part of Equifax’s USIS Identity, Fraud and Compliance family and this new role will further share responsibility for bringing new joint product offerings to market. Qualified candidates must be able to work cross functionally with various teams such as Product, Sales and Client Success, to accomplish established growth goals for the company, build a strong team of Product Marketers, and drive execution.
The Director must have a minimum of seven years’ experience working in a B2B technology company, preferably in the fraud prevention or cyber security industry. A strong background in SaaS product positioning and delivery is a plus. A proven track record of developing compelling customer presentations and materials which simplify the concepts around complex products is essential.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Become the subject matter expert for the marketing team on all-things product related including industry trends, messaging, positioning, and product strategy that strongly differentiate Kount as the leader in the space.
- Management of a high-performing team of Product Marketers in order to scale efforts across many concurrent projects and deliverables
- Ability to distill complex technologies to simple business narratives that resonate with key customer audience segments
- Support go-to-market strategies and plans that align with Product and Sales and influence business plans that deliver quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Direct and develop collateral, content, and tools that can be used in promoting and selling Kount products online, at events, and through other marketing channels (case studies, webinars, ebooks, white papers, blogs, etc.)
- Collaborate with Sales and Client Success teams to refine the product value proposition and positioning.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding for our customers’ needs, storytelling and brand voice across regions and channels.
- Analyze the competitive landscape and create positioning against competitors such as competitive battlecards and product playbooks.
- Measure effectiveness of campaigns and programs ensuring high ROI.
- Manage several projects to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Extend marketing expertise to channel partners and international markets.
- Experience marketing a B2B SaaS product (fraud detection/prevention, identity risk assessment, or cybersecurity product) preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in product marketing in a technology industry
- Possess excellent writing skills with the ability to simplify the benefits of complex products and services into readable, understandable marketing content for a diverse set of persons
- Exceptional visual and written storytelling skills
- Proven ability to develop and execute product marketing campaigns
- Excellent writing skills both in short form (blogs, social, etc.) and long form (case studies, ebooks, etc.) and verbal presentation/communication skills
- Strong team management abilities as both a player/coach as well as a leader who is willing to roll up your sleeves and own projects as an individual contributor
- Ability to function as a contributing team member with energy, excitement, and positive personality
- Strong project management skills and experience juggling multiple tasks and priorities while maintaining deadlines
- BA degree in marketing, communications, business, or a related field preferred
- Must work proactively in a fast-paced, team-oriented culture, be highly organized, and possess the ability to work independently and with others
- Some travel is required