Reports To: Director, Professional and Guarantee Services
Location: Boise, Idaho
The Fraud Analyst will support Kount’s Professional Service efforts and assist in preventing fraudulent credit card purchases for our merchants’ websites. The Fraud Analyst will work directly with Customer Success and collaborate with merchants to achieve the goal of reducing chargebacks for the merchant while maintaining their bottom line through rule management, analysis and manual review efforts.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform manual reviews of transactions held in merchant’s Suspect Orders queue.
- Perform timely problem resolution to determine if Suspect Orders should be approved or declined within agreed service level agreements.
- Observe customer transactions to identify fraudulent activity such as account take over (ATO), friendly fraud (FF), ID theft, stolen financials or similar fraud trends.
- Communicate technical issues, problems and solutions to a varied audience of technical and non-technical personnel. Document said issues, resolutions and best practices.
- Perform timely, thorough and quality decisioning of suspect orders while complying with merchant business policies, minimizing customer insult, providing positive customer experience and minimizing fraud risk
- Provide regular feedback on identified fraud patterns to assigned merchant(s).
- Accessibility to merchants for troubleshooting and order review assistance.
- Contribute to ongoing process improvements and identification of opportunities to increase efficiencies within the Professional Services offering.
- Ongoing participation in opportunities to improve knowledge around fraud practices and industry trends.
- Provide regular feedback to internal cross-functional teams to improve Kount tools and technologies.
- Possibility of working shifts to cover weekends/holidays for 24/7 operational coverage
- College degree in Business, Criminal Justice, Finance, or related field preferred; or, appropriate combination of education and work experience.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented individual in possession of good judgment and strong problem resolution skills.
- Innate curiosity, tenacity and persistence needed to pursue root cause of fraudulent activities.
- Natural inquisitive nature and appreciation for doing research and investigative type of work.
- Strong analytical skills like pattern recognition, identification of inconsistencies and deductive reasoning.
- Experience in processing or identifying chargebacks or claims relating to ecommerce transactions
- Experience in customer services and/or a call center environment
- Experience in identifying false positives
- Experience with various fraud prevention solutions, identification of fraud risk factors and utilization of 3rd party validation tools
- Ability to work independently and without close supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, target driven environment and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including good grammar and syntax.
- Knowledge of different payment types such as PayPal, Apple Pay, credit & debit cards
- Knowledge of EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR compliance)
- Knowledge of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS compliance)
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of all company, merchant and consumer information collected during investigations.
- 2+ years of previous banking, payment and ecommerce experience along with Card Not Present (CNP) fraud knowledge/methodology experience preferred.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job performed at a desk in front of a computer
- Requires heavy use of keyboard and mouse
- Requires sitting for long periods of time
- Casual work environment