As a Machine Learning Engineering Manager at Kount, an Equifax Company, you will lead a team of bright machine learning engineers. This position combines management and technical skills, including hands-on development. Your responsibility is to lead by example, coaching them to effectively deploy AI/ML models at scale in the cloud.
Your team will work with our world-class data scientists to: build and maintain toolkits and pipelines supporting AI/ML research and development; prototype novel algorithms solving the company’s hardest problems; and productionize models along with the ecosystem that supports them. Help us protect millions of online transactions a day using machine learning!
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and promote long-term technical vision for AI/ML solutions.
- Provide technical direction to your team of ML Engineers, ensuring projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Conduct 1-on-1s regularly; recruit, hire, onboard, and give feedback to your team.
- Foster career growth opportunities for direct reports and interns working with the team.
- Stay current on AI/ML topics and techniques such as ML algorithms, NLP, neural networks, and model governance.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in machine learning
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as a software engineer or related field
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in management or peer mentorship
- Bachelors or master’s in computer science, or equivalent industry experience
Extra points for any of the following:
- AWS experience and/or certifications
- Experience in microservice architecture
- Experience with Python and/or Golang
- Experience using with any AI/ML libraries such as scikit-learn or PySpark
Job conditions / work environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job performed at a desk in front of a computer.
- Requires heavy use of keyboard and mouse.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Casual work environment.