Reports To: Sr. Product and Content Marketing Manager
Location: Boise, Idaho
As a key member of the Kount marketing team, the Product Marketing Content Writer is responsible for creating and planning the distribution of content related to Kount’s digital fraud prevention solution. The Product Marketing Content Writer must be able to work cross functionally, coordinating, curating, and creating content with various teams such as Marketing, Product, Sales, and Client Success, to accomplish established growth goals for the company including lead generation.
Ideally, the Product Marketing Content Writer will have 3-5 years of experience working in a technology company, preferably in the financial payments, fraud protection, cybersecurity, or software-as-a-service (SaaS) industry, but not required. Qualified candidate is expected to research products and service information, interview product stakeholders, and then write compelling product marketing content in stories for publishing. Examples of marketing content creation include, but are not limited to, white papers, ebooks, case studies, use cases, website content, know-how blogs, product news and stories, and more.
The qualified candidate must demonstrate strong organizational skills, an ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, and create compelling content with excellent written and oral communication skills.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Write. Write. Write. Author blogs, eBooks, white papers to support Kount’s marketing objectives.
- Support go-to-market and content strategies and plans that align with Product and Sales and influence business plans that deliver quarterly and annual sales goals
- Develop collateral, content, and tools that can be used in promoting and selling Kount products online, at events, and through other marketing channels
- Manage several projects to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Become a subject matter expert on Kount products
- Work with internal and external resources to develop materials supporting world-class marketing campaigns, collateral, and other activities
- Develop relationships with multiple teams such as Direct Sales, Partner Sales, Business Development, Customer Success, and Technical Sales to help achieve growth goals
- Be Kount’s “brand advocate”
Qualifications and minimum requirements:
- BA degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- 3-5 years of marketing experience in a technology industry preferred
- Experience with fraud, payments, cybersecurity, or a SaaS product preferred
- Ability to internalize new technical concepts and quickly turn them into quality content
- Aptitude and experience for product marketing with the ability to quickly create a wide range of product marketing-related content (e.g. data sheets, white papers, ebooks)
- Able to distill technical product messaging into various forms of collateral and deliverables (e.g. booth messaging, brochures, blogs)
- Creative mind – ability to think differently and outside the box
- Some experience in user-focused document design
- Able to tell a clear story about a technical subject for both TOFU and BOFU audiences
- Demonstrated understanding of the marketing funnel
- Solid understanding of SEO
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities while maintaining deadlines
- Must have excellent computer skills including using Microsoft Office applications
- Must work proactively in a fast-paced, team-oriented culture, be highly organized, possess the ability to work independently and with others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Some travel may be required
Job conditions / work environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job performed at a desk in front of a computer.
- Requires heavy use of keyboard and mouse.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Casual work environment.