Reports To: Director, Branding & Corp Communications
Location: Boise, Idaho
As a key member of the Kount marketing team, the Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is responsible for creating differentiated product positioning, messaging, and value propositions that set Kount’s fraud management and security offerings apart and above the competition. Kount is now part of Equifax’s USIS Identity, Fraud and Compliance family and this new role will further share responsibility for bringing new joint product offerings to market. The PMM will become the voice of the customer and know competitive industry trends to provide inputs to the marketing team for the creation of content and materials to assist sales. They will also create internal sales enablement content to educate and explain product strategy and benefits. The PMM will be critical in go-to-market strategy planning and must be able to work cross functionally with various teams such as Product, Sales and Client Success, to accomplish established growth goals for the company.
The PMM must have five-seven years’ experience working in a technology company, preferably in the fraud prevention or cyber security industry. The qualified candidate must be an exceptional storyteller and demonstrate strong organizational skills, an ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, create and direct the creation of marketing materials with excellent written and oral communication skills. A proven track record of developing presentations and materials which simplify the concepts around complex products is essential.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The person in this role will manage many duties and responsibilities. Here’s some of what a successful candidate would be doing:
- Become the subject matter expert for the marketing team on all-things product related including industry trends, messaging, positioning, and product strategy that strongly differentiate Kount and Equifax as the leader in the Identity, Fraud & Compliance space
- Be well-versed in industry research techniques and competitive intelligence activities so as to own an ongoing perspective of the competitive marketplace to both Kount and Equifax products
- Support go-to-market strategies and messaging development for joint Kount and Equifax offerings that align with Product and Sales and influence business plans that deliver quarterly and annual sales goals
- Analyze the competitive landscape and create positioning against competitors
- Direct and develop competitive collateral, content, and tools that can be used in promoting and selling Kount products online, at events, and through other marketing channels
- Manage several projects to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Extend marketing expertise to channel partners and international markets
Qualifications and minimum requirements:
- BA degree in marketing, communications, business, or a related field preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in product marketing in a technology industry
- Possess excellent writing skills with the ability to simplify the benefits of complex products and services into readable, understandable marketing content for a diverse set of persons
- Exceptional visual and written storytelling skills
- Strong research abilities and previous competitive intelligence expertise
- Proven ability to develop and execute product marketing campaigns
- Experience marketing a B2B SaaS product (fraud detection/prevention, identity risk assessment, or Cybersecurity product preferred)
- Excellent writing skills and verbal presentation/communication skills
- Ability to function as a contributing team member with energy, excitement, and positive personality
- Strong project management skills and experience juggling multiple tasks and priorities while maintaining deadlines
- Must work proactively in a fast-paced, team-oriented culture, be highly organized, and possess the ability to work independently and with others
- Some travel is required
Job conditions / Work environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job performed at a desk in front of a computer.
- Requires extensive use of keyboard and mouse.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Casual work environment.