Reports To: Product Owner Lead
Location: Boise, Idaho
Whether you started from the product side and developed technical skills or started as a technical resource, you have a knack for the product side of the business. You possess the necessary technical product knowledge to drive strategic conversations about the product and enhance value to Kount, an Equifax company and its customers.
Kount, an Equifax is seeking a product owner who is a master at bridging the desires of the customer and the capabilities of the technology, removing barriers to software development. You will be responsible for grooming the product backlog and have insight into technical requirements of individual stories thus creating a more efficient user experience.
We ideally prefer this person to live in Boise, Idaho where Kount is based.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- You will work with others on a day-to-day basis to help make decisions on what is in scope and provide input into functional decisions
- You will lead the backlog refinement of features and user stories and ensure delivery teams are prepared to meet sprint deadlines
- You will focus on product level impediments and process changes to enable faster and higher quality software
- You ensure Product leadership is aware of key issues and changes, and provide them with the right information and recommendations to resolve issues
- You will work with Architect(s) and Tech Lead(s) to identify non-functional requirements like infrastructure needs
- You will work with Quality Assurance team member(s) to identify test cases for automated testing
- You will coordinate with business customers to conduct product integration testing Key Responsibilities Preparation and Participation in PI Planning Program Backlog
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Business or equivalent job experience required
- 3+ years’ in experience managing product backlogs and requirements for Agile delivery teams in a Product Owner capacity
- You have the ability build strong relationships with partners across the business; ensure that you understand their role, the needs of their area, and their requirements throughout the project
- You are a self-starter who is organized, detail oriented, takes initiative with minimal direction, and understands concepts quickly
- You understand the value of product ownership and can effectively communicate the value proposition
- You have experience working with multiple partners in a global setting with varying level of needs
- You bring a consultative, creative and process driven approach to your work
- You have an aptitude for handling multiple concurrent demands and prioritizing responsibilities in a dynamic, high energy environment
- Your problem-solving skills enable you to effectively and creatively find solutions for hard problems while maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity
- Engage and collaborate with all stakeholders, make people feel heard and understood, are able to say no and stand up for tough calls needed to better serve the business and our clients
- You are skilled at removing roadblocks
- You possess a deep understanding of web service technologies, user interface/interaction, and knowledge of Systems Development and Project Management lifecycles
- You have experience with Product & Technology Roadmap development through influence of key business and technology partners to identify business priorities
- You have excellent leadership and motivational skills
- You possess a willingness to empower as well as encourage commitment and positive attitude in the team
- You have an inquisitive and innovative mindset with a shown ability to recognize opportunities to create distinctive value
- You can successfully evaluate workload to drive efficiency
Job conditions / work environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job performed at a desk in front of a computer.
- Requires heavy use of keyboard and mouse.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Casual work environment.