Reports To: Software Engineering Manager
Location: Boise, Idaho
As a Sr. Software Engineer at Kount, you’ll join a team of developers migrating our existing fraud detection and prevention systems to the Amazon cloud. Since the techniques and technologies fraudsters use are continuously evolving, you’ll encounter and solve interesting problems as you build creative solutions to protect our clients. Working closely with Kount’s team of Solution Architects, you’ll design, build, and unit test robust, high-throughput, cloud-native components in a microservice architecture. Specifically, you’ll leverage Agile and continuous delivery methodologies to build containerized services written in Golang and deployed via GitLab CI to Kubernetes (EKS). You’ll research and evaluate new technologies to determine if and how we leverage them, so it’s important that you’re comfortable learning new concepts quickly.
- Produce maintainable, scalable, and high-quality software solutions
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise and ownership for your team’s services
- Collaborate with the product team, architects, and others to document features and changes
- Participate in peer design and code reviews
- Elevate the performance of colleagues through training, mentoring, and promoting best practices
- Experiment with technologies and propose solutions to colleagues including architects and the IT leadership team
- Incorporate monitoring, logging, and tracing with DataDog and Snowflake
- You have a real passion for innovation! Any experience with Cloud Platforms like AWS, GCP and Deploying and automating infrastructure/applications using Chef, RPM, Docker, AWS (ECS, ECR), Terraform, etc. will help us on our exciting journey
- You have experience in overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Depending on level, you may work with product owners, UX and other business partners to define work for the team
- You enjoy mentoring other engineers, having a voice in defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team (depending on level)
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or 3- 5 equivalent experience
- Strong software engineering and software architecture background in languages such as Go (preferred), Rust, C/C++/C#, or Java
- Experience building RESTful APIs (and/or gRPC, GraphQL) within a distributed microservice architecture
- Experience implementing Amazon Web Services like Kinesis, IAM, ElastiCache for Redis, Lambda, EKS, Neptune, DynamoDB, or Elasticsearch
- You can write very high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain
- You have detailed knowledge of modern software development lifecycles including CI / CD
- Experience in Financial Industry or Ecommerce
- Experience with relational, graph, and NoSQL databases
- Experience with OWASP and PCI Data Security
Job conditions / work environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job performed at a desk in front of a computer.
- Requires heavy use of keyboard and mouse.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Casual work environment.