Reports To: Software Engineering Manager
Location: Boise, Idaho
As a Software Engineer at Kount, you’ll join a team of developers migrating our existing fraud detection and prevention systems to the Amazon cloud. Since the techniques and technologies fraudsters use are continuously evolving, you’ll encounter and solve interesting problems as you build creative solutions to protect our clients. Working closely with Kount’s team of Solution Architects, you’ll design, build, and unit test robust, high-throughput, cloud-native components in a microservice architecture. Specifically, you’ll leverage Agile and continuous delivery methodologies to build containerized services written in Golang and deployed via GitLab CI to Kubernetes (EKS). You’ll research and evaluate new technologies to determine if and how we leverage them, so it’s important that you’re comfortable learning new concepts quickly.
- You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Produce maintainable, scalable, and high-quality software solutions
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise and ownership for your team’s services
- Collaborate with the product team, architects, and others to document features and changes
- Participate in peer design and code reviews
- Elevate the performance of colleagues through training, mentoring, and promoting best practices
- Experiment with technologies and propose solutions to colleagues including architects and the IT leadership team
- Incorporate monitoring, logging, and tracing with DataDog and Snowflake
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 7 + years of experience in software engineering and software architecture background in languages such as Go (preferred), Rust, C/C++/C#, or Java
- 7+ of experience building RESTful APIs and/or gRPC within a distributed microservice architecture
- 3 years of experience implementing Amazon Web Services like Kinesis, IAM, ElastiCache for Redis, Lambda, EKS, Neptune, DynamoDB, or Elasticsearch
- AWS Certified Solution Architect – Associate
Job conditions / work environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job performed at a desk in front of a computer.
- Requires heavy use of keyboard and mouse.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Casual work environment.