Reports To: VP, BISO USIS at Equifax
Location: Boise, Idaho
The Senior Solutions Security Engineer will collaborate with the sales, IT, architecture, development, and QA teams to help ensure Kount’s products are properly communicated to potential prospects with an eye on AWS and Kount’s use of containerization, this position acts as a consultant and subject matter expert Kount’s security practices, infrastructure security, and in the selection and deployment of new technologies. The successful candidate will have experience in Sales, Information Security and Cybersecurity with strong project management skills and a proven track record of effective communication, persuasion, and understanding of security-related issues.
What you’ll do:
- Translate customer requirements and explain product use cases to address client needs.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Serve as a security subject matter expert on questions related to infrastructure and configuration
- Help ensure systems and processes are in place to provide defense in depth (e.g., dependency vulnerability scanning, WAF, IDS/IPS, etc.)
- Evaluate new systems, technologies, and frameworks; work with development and operations teams to ensure these are deployed and utilized in a secure manner
- Review AWS infrastructure, identify security issues, and provide remediation recommendations.
- Serve as part of Kount’s security incident response team
- Maintain expert knowledge in AWS and containerization Security; develop related training and communications to foster a security-conscious environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or comparable experience required
- Minimum of six years of relevant security and information technology experience
- Strong knowledge of AWS, related security implications, and control approaches
- Solid understanding of infrastructure as code (CloudFormation, Terraform, and similar technologies)
- Highly effective communicator; well-honed influencing and negotiating skills
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills; able to quickly digest any issue/problem encountered, consider cost-benefit tradeoffs, and recommend appropriate solutions
- Deep technical understanding of and experience with security technologies and techniques including, but not limited to, intrusion detection/prevention, SIEM/SOAR, firewalls, patch/configuration management, secure application development, etc.
- Thorough understanding of security controls provided in common operating systems and platforms including, but not limited to Linux, Windows, and AWS
- Familiarity with application security architecture and secure development best practices
- One or more relevant Certification(s): e.g., CISSP, OSCP, GPEN, AWS Certified Security – Specialty
- Self-motivated without the need for signification management oversight
- Previous experience as a Sales Engineer, Developer or Site Reliability Engineer working on AWS-Based SaaS products
- Familiarity with AWS Security tools including GuardDuty, Macie, Shield, and Inspector
- Experience with logging and security tools such as Datadog, Prisma Cloud, and SIEM systems
- Project management experience
- Experience with agile methodologies and Scrum
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job performed at a desk in front of a computer.
- Requires heavy use of keyboard and mouse.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Casual work environment.