Reports To: Director, Engineering
Location: Boise, Idaho
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be a technical leader of a team to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve high-quality software.
- Coach and mentor engineers to grow their technical, interpersonal, and leadership skills, and ensure they have the right challenges and necessary context to make use of them.
- Collaborate with Product team, including Product Managers and Product Owners, Sales, Customer Success and additional stakeholders to deliver value to the business.
- Provide ongoing technical mentoring and guidance to the team in the use of the latest software development practices, processes and development tools.
- Contribute technical insight and feedback on proposed software solutions and product direction.
- Communicate with senior leadership frequently.
- Own one or more relationships with key technology partners including offshore partners; ensure those partnerships are effective.
- Work with the recruiting team to attract, onboard and retain diverse top talent.
- BS or MS degree in a STEM major or equivalent job experience required.
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience as a software engineer, SDET, DevOps Engineer or SRE, preferably in a cloud-based micro-services environment.
- Proponent of the Agile culture and mindset with the desire to lead the team to follow Agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban).
- Strong engineering, architecture and development background that enables you to help people grow in technical excellence.
- Passion for being at the leading edge of technology.
Extra Points for any of the Following:
- Experience with and ability to provide technical leadership to the team with cloud platforms like AWS and deploying and automating infrastructure/applications using Docker, AWS (ECS, ECR), Terraform, Kubernetes, Helm, etc.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams to follow software development best practices such as TDD, CI/CD (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab CI), code and design reviews, and monitoring and logging
- Source code control management systems (e.g., GitLab, Bitbucket)
- Relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, Aurora, etc.)
- Atlassian tooling (e.g., Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket)
- Proficiency in overall system architecture, scalability, reliability and performance
- Experience working in financial services
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Kafka and/or Hadoop or NoSQL such as Cassandra
- Automated testing (e.g., JUnit, Selenium, LoadRunner)
- Big Data, Postgres, Oracle, NoSQL databases (e.g., Cassandra, Hadoop, MongoDB, Neo4J)