Reports To: Sr Director Sales Engineering, Operations, and Enablement
Location: Boise, Idaho
Sales Solution Engineers are the primary technical resource for the sales & client success teams. Solutions Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The Solutions Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. The successful candidate must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who thrives on assisting salespeople (and their customers) quickly and successfully solve problems, and who’s passionate about playing a pivotal part in helping drive our business forward.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development and delivery of compelling and clear product demonstrations.
- Represent the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Train direct and partner sales teams on product features, enhancements, and integration requirements.
- Translate customer requirements and explain product use cases to address client needs.
- Contribute to the creation of collateral that explains Kount solutions to prospects.
- Act as a fraud risk control subject matter expert.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Communicate market requirements to Product Management teams.
- Keep current on industry trends and provide influence over technical initiatives supporting revenue growth.
- Create technical solution designs based on customer requirements
- Seamlessly Transition customers to Implementation team
- Assist with post-sales implementation issues
- Troubleshoot the issues to ensure that their product is working efficiently and effectively for the customer
- Travel as needed to support sales activities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field that supports the key responsibilities of the job is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of scripting, development languages and Internet application components.
- Working knowledge of e-commerce and payments ecosystems is preferred.
- Must possess exceptional problem-solving, analytical, and research skills.
- 5+ years relevant experience in engineering, solution development or technical sales.
- Proven track record in sales, technical sales, or consultative technical support.
- Social ease and a strong and demonstrated ability to build relationships with a variety of different people and personality types.
- Positive attitude and an outgoing personality with a high standard of decorum.
- Professional appearance and the ability to exhibit a professional demeanor over the phone, through email, and in person, as required.
- Excellent and demonstrated oral and written English communication skills. Proficiency in a second language is highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of personal computers and business applications (MS Office tools) with excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task projects.
- Able to make independent choices and recommendations without immediate direction or supervision.
- Travel and participation in after-hours meetings with customers as required.