Fraudsters Are Using Fake Social Media Accounts to Scam Pennsylvania Jobless Workers
- Grifters running a Facebook account for a “labour” department tried to obtain workers’ personal and confidential information, such as Social Security or unemployment claim numbers, a department spokesperson said Monday.
- It’s important to monitor your credit history in order to detect any suspicious activity or changes. Learn more about credit monitoring and identity theft protection.
Criminals Are Selling Fake Covid Test Results as They Look to Profit From Travel Restrictions
- The European Union’s law enforcement agency reported an increase in cases of fraudulent Covid-19 test certificates being sold to travelers. It comes as an increasing number of countries in the EU and beyond ask travelers to present a negative coronavirus test in order to be allowed entry, when traveling from a high-risk area.
- Fake documents are just one of the many scams that have popped up as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. Learn more about other popular scams that have come to light in recent months, and how AI can play a huge role in stopping them.
‘ValidCC,’ a Major Payment Card Bazaar and Looter of E-Commerce Sites, Shuttered
- ValidCC, a dark web bazaar run by a cybercrime group that for more than six years hacked online merchants and sold stolen payment card data, abruptly closed up shop last week. The proprietors of the popular store said their servers were seized as part of a coordinated law enforcement operation designed to disconnect and confiscate its infrastructure.
- It’s only a matter of time before another underground card selling site returns in its place.
- Businesses can’t let guard down. They need to be prepared at all times for the event of fraud. Protect your business with a fraud prevention solution, like Kount’s that blocks against the use of stolen credentials.