‘Dangerous stuff’: Hackers tried to poison water supply of Florida town
- Hackers remotely accessed the water treatment plant of a small Florida city last week and briefly changed the levels of lye in the drinking water, in the kind of critical infrastructure intrusion.
NFL launches its official store in Mexico
- The new mobile and e-commerce location will provide fans with a one-stop shop for merchandise from their favorite NFL team or players and that is part of the broader global expansion of the NFL.
- Kount recently partnered with FreedomPay on a complete solution to enable international expansion with fraud-free payments and frictionless customer journeys. Learn more about the partnership.
More than three billion emails and passwords were just leaked online
- Normally when a data breach occurs, the cybercriminals responsible may leak the usernames and passwords stolen from one organization or company. However, a new compilation recently posted on an online hacking forum contains more than 3.2bn unique pairs of cleartext emails and passwords gathered from past leaks.
- In order to prevent the use of stolen credentials, Kount recommends the use of multi-factor authentication, an approach to security authentication which requires that the user provide more than one form of verification in order to prove their identity.
- Three major factors include verification by something a user knows (such as a password), something the user has (such as a smart card or a security token), and something the user is (such as the use of biometrics).