- Google is warning that bots are causing more problems for business – but many companies are only focused on the most obvious attacks.
- Google’s research has found that while 78% of organizations are using DDoS protection, such as web application firewalls, and content distribution networks (CDN), less than a fifth of them are using a “full bot management system”.
- Check out Kount’s adaptive bot detection solution, and how it can detect, classify, and stop malicious bots while permitting good bots.
- The Department of Justice said last month that North Korea has used cyberattacks to steal over $1 billion since 2015.
- Fraudsters often use their ‘earnings’ to perpetuate more crime. In order to stop the cycle of fraud, businesses need to protect against it from the beginning. Learn more about stopping fraud before it starts by going to kount.com/blog
- Doorbell cameras have become a powerful tool for police investigators. But law enforcement officials are grappling with how the systems can ‘be used against us.’
- The cameras have often been the target of hackers who can watch people’s live videos, and other account information.
- Subscribe to the #Kount5in5 podcast. On 3/11, hosts Emily and Lacey discuss how cameras, printers, and other electronics can pose a cybersecurity risk with expert Josh Johnston.
- Target will open five new warehouses for sorting e-commerce packages in urban markets in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- The strategy will speed up shipping, according to Target’s COO.
- As more people want faster delivery, a unique opportunity is available to those who open new channels such as BOPIS or In-store pickup. But along with potential increased revenue streams can come susceptibility to fraud. Learn more about protecting new and existing channels from bad actors.
- According to a recent study from payment processor Moneris, almost 40 per cent of Canadians report experiencing payments fraud or engaged in behavior that could expose them to fraud since March 2020
- Listen to Marta Rzeszowska from Moneris discuss why businesses need to prevent fraud before it becomes a problem.
March 8, 2021
Weekly news digest