FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Kount Control?
Learn more about what this platform does and how to benefit from its capabilities.
What does Kount Control do?
Kount platforms are built with three key components:
- Data for analysis and insights
- Artificial intelligence for automation
- Machine learning for continual process optimization
Control uses all three elements to ensure complete account protection.
Workflows typically progress in this order:
- A user interacts with a business (creating an account or logging in to an existing account).
- Data about the user and the interaction is collected.
- Provided data is compared to data in our database.
- Business policies are consulted to determine the accepted risk level and appropriate action to take.
- The interaction is approved, declined, or challenged with step up authentication.
What kind of data does Kount Control use?
Control leverages device and network data housed in Kount’s database to detect suspicious account behavior.
This data has been collected from thousands of global clients and partners for more than a decade. We also incorporate a century’s worth of data from Equifax®.
From this data, we look at information like:
- User behavior — login attempts
- Device and network anomalies — abnormal activity from bots, credential stuffing, and brute force attacks
- Trust and risk signals — trusted device status, IP addresses, mobile and proxy indicators, etc.
- Velocity tracking — high activity from bots, password spraying, etc.
- Account behavior — personal or payment information changes
The breadth and depth of our database is what enables Kount’s AI and machine learning models to develop the most accurate insights possible.
How do you collect data?
In order to make accurate risk assessments, we need to collect information about your users and their interactions with your business.
The technology accesses data collected from the user's device and any other information involved in the account creation or login event.
Keep in mind that Kount follows strict data security requirements. Keeping data safe is our highest priority — your client data will always be secure during transit and at rest.
What is the integration process like?
Kount Control has a few integration points.
- Device Collection — information gathering stage
- Login API — customer login stage
- Event API — user events such as account creation, order placement, logging in and out, and more
- Trusted device — trusted device record creation stage
To learn more about integrating Control into your workflow and internal systems, reach out to our team. We’re happy to walk you through the whole process.
How do users access Kount Control?
Kount Control can be accessed via our online portal.
The portal includes various tools that allow clients to use our data and intelligence.
- Dashboard: Provides reports for a quick snapshot of activity
- Event Analysis: Allows users to dive into individual events for analysis
- Decision Manager: Enables users to edit profiles, policies, lists, and tags
Do you offer other platforms besides Control?
Kount provides a complete strategy for trust and safety. Some of our solutions are housed in their own unique platforms.
One of our newest product updates includes a tag bridge that allows data to flow from the Control platform to Command, giving Command users access to more data.
Dispute and Chargeback Management
Our DCM platform provides various chargeback prevention solutions such as order validation, prevention alerts, and RDR.